Thursday, January 28, 2010

Science Centers


The centers that we explored today opened up a closet full of memories from learning about science over the years. Creating the roller coaster reminded me of my physics days in high school. Learning about energy and mass and how they work together. I really enjoyed physics in high school so I think this is why I remembered it easily. Of course, we didn't get to create a roller coaster in our class using laptops but it is a great center for students to use in science that would get them engaged and give them some hands-on and real life experience as to how the two concepts interact beyond just plugging numbers into a formula. At the reading center, the Magic School Bus books reminded me of elementary school. We commonly watched those in class and even at home and I really like how they take science concepts and present them in a fun and enjoyable way! There is an abundant amount of ways to incorporate science into the classroom that makes it fun and engaging! I am very excited to teach science in my classrooms in the future! It was one of my favorite subjects growing up and I look forward to helping others unlock the doors to what science can do in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment